Instructions to the candidates
- Candidates should read the prospectus carefully before filling the application form.
- Applications must be completed in all aspects. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected without any intimation.
- Separate application should be submitted for each programme.
- Medium of instruction for M.Phil programme is only English.
- Foreign nationals including NRIs with valid passports and visas issued by the Government of India and refugees will be considered for admission subject to their eligibility in terms of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
- 15% of the total allotted seats are earmarked on a supernumerary basis for foreign nationals including NRIs.
- Self-attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examinations and entrance mark should be sent along with the filled in application form.
- A self – addressed stamped envelope (28 x13 cm) for Rs.50/- shall be attached along with the filled-in application.
- The filled in application should be sent to the respective HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PERIYAR UNIVERSITY.
- There will be an interview conducted by the respective departments. The interview marks will be included in preparing the merit list.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending interview.
- Admission to M.Phil programme is based on the marks obtained in qualifying examinations, entrance examination and interview as per M.Phil regulations of Periyar University.
- The number of seats are limited in the programmes offered by the departments. Selection is based on merit and communal roster system of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under the General Turn only.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities should obtain the eligibility certificate from Periyar University and submit the same at the time of admission. To obtain the eligibility certificate, candidates are directed to contact the office of the Registrar.
- Fee paid will not be refunded if a student leaves the programme after admission.
- Fee prescribed in subjected to revision by the University. The difference between existing fee and revised fee if any should be paid by the candidate at a later date as per the directions of the University.
- The University is not responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
- The decision of the University is final on all matters related to admission.
- Last date to submit the filled in application with programme fee: 30.08.2023
Enclose attested copies of the following certificates along with the filled in application
Community certificate, Transfer certificate, Mark statements (10th, Higher Secondary, UG, PG and Entrance mark)
- Application Cost for Others: Rs. 472/-
- For SC/ST Candidate: Rs.236/- (One Time)